A Brief Visit to Wuhan


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wuhan
July 13th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Chongqing (furnace one of three) and mking our way down the Yangzte we made boarded the bus and made our way to our second furnace, Wuhan.

We were only spending one night in Wuhan to wait on the train to Nanjing so we used it as a chance to rest up, recouperate and get our clothes washed after the river cruise. The Irish couple and the montreal-ians were also staying just for the night and then we were all going our seperate ways. We all spent the evening together in the hostel pleased to feel and smell clean and still laughing about our cruise ship expereince. Glad that we'd done it but relieved that it was over.

The next morning we got up and ventured out into the heat to visit a Buddist temple in Wuhan. It was a real sight; the smell of incense was intoxicating, gold buddhas of all shapes and sizes were behind every turn and we even saw a few buddist monks. After a walk around we entered the vegeratarian restaurant within the temple and randomly pointed to two things on the chinese menu in hope they were edible! The food was really good and we were both pleased to eat some healthy well cooked veg.

Then it was off to the train to make our way to furnace number three, Nanjing. At this stage I , Sarah, didn't feel too great but managed to make it to the train station on a bus rammed to bursting point. Little did I know then how ill I would actually become on our 12 hour overnight train.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb