LUYI DAY 6


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Guangshui
May 23rd 2014
Published: May 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

23.5.14



Destination: LUYI



Distance: 142 Kms SubT. 824 Kms Bal 11,150.50 Kms Road Condition: CONSTRUCTION WORKS/ COUNTRY ROAD

Weather: BLUE SKY- HOORAY

Time in Saddle: 6 hrs Av Speed: av. 24 kph. Av Cadence 83 rpm

Elevation: m up; M down

Calories burned : 5,003



PLEASE NOTE NAME OF PLACE IN FORMAL BLOG TITLE MAY NOT RESEMBLE ANYTHING CLOSE TO THIS TOWN NAMED ABOVE. I DO NOT KNOW THE NAME OF THE PROVINCE, BUT THE SITE WONT OPEN UNLESS I PUT SOMETHING IN THE BOX. THIS WILL LIKELY BE THE FUTURE!!!



Started today at 6 am breakfast, 100% improvement on breakfast. After leaving, the front group found their form and left me in their wake. So today was first day of navigating on my own, which went well. The street directions provided were most reliable. Their was road construction work for 13 Kms, which was bone shaking and dusty. Shortly afterwards turned on to a country road where the scenery was much prettier, more rice fields I think, yellowish dry storks with seed pods at top. Soil was dry. Queues of thrasher machines lined the road ready for harvesting.



Closer to LUYI was the temple of Confucius. Apparently he was born in this area and taught widely here. Impressive square in his memory.



Arrived at hotel feeling far fresher than I was yesterday, so treated the bike with a good clean and chain oil. The dust was everywhere today.



Another multi dish Chinese meal, with the same core ingredients, pork, fish, chicken, cauliflower, beans, tofu, broccoli, morning glory. Not a lot of spice, although the occasional dish has a little chilli. Quite satisfying. Earlier had two delicious very cold mango juices. The attendant wanted a photo. She was just up to my armpit, luck for her I had had a shower after the ride! Friday night in the Main Street is bustling with all ages just walking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb