shaolin temple


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan » Zhengzhou
August 9th 2008
Published: August 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Shaolin temple is located in songshan mountain ,zheng
Zhou city,Henan province.It is a amazing place for the people all over the world. It is also famous for the shaolin kungfu and zen buddhism.
Leave zhengzhou railway station ,you can take the city bus from zhengzhou to deng feng where is the shaolin temple located.it will take you one hour to there.about the hotel ,do not worry ,it is also cheap ,you can find one hotel less than 200RMB.of course ,if you have a friend there ,it must be very usefull.
Tour shaolin temple ,you need to visit three different places.one is shaolin temple,another is shaolin kungfu shao,the third is pagoda forest.
Shao lin temple has a history for about more than 1500years old ,there were many famous person had visited the shaolin temple.for example ,the first important person who made the temple famous was taizong of the tang dynasty.his name is lishi min, who was saved by the shao lin kungfu monks .later became the emperor of the tang dynasty .in order to show thanks for the monks.he gave a good reputation to the shao lin temple : the number one temple under heaven.
From then on ,the shao lin temple become more and more famous. But there were also some bad things happened to the temple In its history.everybody know that ,chinese history is very complex.many different groups have problems with the shao lin temple,so they had fight for many times.until 1928 ,there was a warlord .his name was shi you san ,he had some problems with the shao lin temple,so he set fire to the temple ,and the big fire lasted for more than 40 days ,all the buildings inside the temple were destoried terriblely.all the books had gone in the fire.most of the buildings in the temple you will see today ,were rebuilt resently ,more than 20 years old .you need about 1 hour to tour the temple.then you need to see another place --- shaolin kung fu show ,it is really amazing.the show is about 30 minutes.different weapons and different kungfu ,making you in one kungfu world,everybody have watched the movie—kungfu panda.look the panda ,after the show ,you will have the feeing for kungfu.
The pagoda forest is a place as tombs for the monks of the shaolin temple ,there are so mang pagodas ,like a forests,so the name .
If you want to know more about the place ,please feel free to contact the guide ---Sarah in zhengzhou ,henan .she is a very good guide ,her website is : www.shyihn.com
You will never regret it.
Have fun !


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb