Week 15


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan » Luoyang
April 29th 2006
Published: April 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post


Not long left now and I am currently in Luoyang visiting the Shaolin monks.

I left Chengdu on an overnight sleeper train to Xi'an which went smoothly and actually got a good nights sleep by tying a zip top around my head covering my face. It was good to arrive in Xi'an (a city with around 8million people known for its shopping). The guesthouse was literally opposite the Bell Tower, the centre point of the walled city and the first day was spent exploring the muslim quarter with its antique shops, tea houses (and shops).

The following day we went to see the Terracotta Warriors and museum....something you have see when in China but was a little disappointed.

From Xi'an to Luoyang was a 6hr train....very pleasantly surprised by the trains out here so far. Luoyang is a 'small' city between Xi'an and Beijing....a little on the dark side but easy to get to the Shaolin temple.

the monks were incredible. It was a little more tourist orientated than i had hoped but it was amazing to see them fight....so fast you could not take pictures or see their weapon of choice.

Off to Beijing tomorrow on overnight bus....starting to miss regular sleeping patterns.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb