The Breaking point...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hebei » Shijiazhuang
April 2nd 2006
Published: April 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

A good friend of mine here in China came up with the bull’s-eye theory. The bull’s-eye theory is that there is this mysterious force that follows you around, waits till you get comfortable and then WHAM! Something hits you right between the eyes. It can be anything as simple as losing something or the incident that I had with the provincial police.

Well, the bull’s-eye has left my friend and returned to me…F***! I guess I was due. Things never seem to stay stable and calm for long. I won’t delve into what it was this time, but I will give you the end result.

There is a time and place where a man takes a stand, when he really means the “I wouldn’t do it for all the money in the world, and I can not support you on this even if it means losing a friendship”. That is one tough fucking decision to make, but I made it. I feel a little empty, I feel a little sad, and perhaps the friendship can come around again, but right now, I just desire peace. I just desire the screaming to stop.

The bright spot of the week was I took my students on a treasure hunt. Needless to say the whole thing was a train wreck, but the ones that did it according to the rules were so proud they found something. I hid simple stuff, a DVD, a picture of my beautiful niece (thank Sister), money, food, etc. The interesting thing I found out that Chinese love to share. The three girls that found the most were willing to share what they found (they found the food). It is an amazing culture. The pure innocence that most Chinese carry goes beyond my comprehension. Yet most bolt their doors as if it was Fort Knox, some walk cinched up as if they were stone, some shiver when they talk in English for fear of mistakes.

I hope for this week, I hope my friends are still there when I need them. I hope that the world feels ok, I hope my family is safe and warm. I hope…


Advertisement



11th April 2006

There is only hope
In a time of global chaos and instability, where our faiths collide as often as our weapons, hope is real. There is such a thing as false science. There is such a thing as false promises. I am sure we will have our share of false starts. But there is no such thing as false hope. There is only hope.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb