Hot days


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hangzhou
August 27th 2011
Published: August 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I cannot wait until it gets cold! It’s the second day in Hangzhou, and it is too hot! We can actually see the sky today (it’s been overcast or smoggy) but that only makes the sun hotter. We don’t have the luxury of air conditioning as in the United States either. Our rooms have air conditioners, but we’re only allowed 60 kilowatts of power per month, and running the air conditioner constantly would use that up in about 3 days. For those of you who know me, you can imagine how much I dislike this. But I’m not complaining (just in my head) and trying to enjoy the experience. We’re at the Central apartment now, so I do get to enjoy some air conditioning now. We went on a campus search earlier with a list of places to locate. Yuquan campus is a whole lot bigger than Central. It took us almost 2 hours before we gave up and ate lunch and we didn’t even see the whole campus! It is very beautiful though with some old buildings and pretty parks with trees and little pathways. We found a stand that has huge slices of cantaloupe on a stick! I’m going to try one later. There are 4 other cafeterias on campus besides the one we have been eating at and the food looks even more delicious! Unfortunately, we couldn’t eat there because you need a special meal card. It costs 100 yuan, but we only get 90% of the value. I might try that later though because I’m already tired of the food at the international dorm cafeteria.
After lunch we made our way back to the Central apartment. Miss Li took us on a walk to the Yellow Dragon Sports Center. There is a gym there that we can use. I might be able to try some yoga classes! There was also a pool that we could swim at for only 15 yuan. She showed us a local fish market that has very good seafood after dinner time and the shopping center. They have a Walmart and a mall underneath with several restaurants. I need to make a trip there to get an umbrella; it’s rained a little every day. Our plans for tomorrow include Miss Li taking us to West Lake, leaving us there, and us trying to find our way back to campus. Fun fun!



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Mao ZedongMao Zedong
Mao Zedong

One of our search destinations


28th August 2011

Statue faux pas
You're doing a great job keeping us up-to-date w/ your activities....but is it culturally rude to stand on the statue and hang on the representation of Mr Zhu KeZhen?
29th August 2011

Oh don't worry, I thought that too. But a bunch of Chinese were also doing it so I thought it would be ok. :)

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb