Christmas and New year in Hainan


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hainan
December 24th 2008
Published: January 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We spent Christmas and New year in Hainan at the Rainbow Bar. The Rainbow bar is a pretty cool place, it's right on the water. A wicked band plays some decent tunes. The guitar player was especially good. Also the beer is worthy of note.

We enjoyed hanging out at the western bar, "Rainbow." I (Mazi) have to say we splurged a little going to Rainbow Bar a few times just to bring back some western food in our diet. The bar was decored with flags of hockey teams, license plates from Canada and the states, western food is not bad for being in China but this place does not have the western cocktails down to perfection. Although it did a great job it never is the same as back home. We did feel a little lonely spending christmas and new years alone but we still had a great party and met new people.

For the new year we spent more time at the Rainbow and enjoyed a Sichuan Hot Pot at one of the restuarants located in an alley famous for Sichuan food (it was spicey but really yummy).


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Rainbow BarRainbow Bar
Rainbow Bar

We still got our turkey dinner.
Rainbow BarRainbow Bar
Rainbow Bar

The deck part of the bar. You get a veiw of the river and colourful flashing lights from the bridge.
Rainbow BarRainbow Bar
Rainbow Bar

The band!


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb