BoAo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hainan » Haikou
January 12th 2011
Published: January 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had our train ticket back to Haikou in the late afternoon so we rented a couple of bikes and went riding around town. Most people couldn’t speak English so we had to get by with my cave man mandarin. “want this”, “how much”, “go there” etc... It was too cold to ride for too long so spent allot of the time at the resorts beach side cafe.
On the way back on the train we were assigned to a 6 seater cabin a meet a high level manager of Hainan Airlines and his assistant who spoke a little bit of English.
Once we got back to Haikou our friends and family treated us to dinner where we had the 4th Hainan delicacy black goat. It was tasty but wasn’t too appetising, the just hacked up the goat and chucked it in a boiling pot. It was similar to steam boat. You could recognise all the bits and pieces including fragments of the head. Our friend’s dad keeps putting interesting bits on to Hannah’s plate like the Jaw, teeth and cheek. I was sort of glad my wisdom tooth started to play up.
We had an early flight to Guilin early in the morning. So we went to bed after dinner.
Pete and Hannah



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb