Blog...first entry!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hainan » Haikou
August 29th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

So, I'm on the plane and I don't think that we've actually arrived in chinese airspace yet...but I can't sleep and now seems as good a time as ever to write my very first entry. Wev been through a few different time systems, and we think that we've been following the sun across the world, though I'm not totally sure about that. We've had a lovely in flight dinner, and brekkie will be served in about 45 mins...which should be interesting...

Though we didn't realise it, we appear to be stopping in Beijing on the way to Guangzhou...which, although a slightly random route, will be cool to be able to look out of the window and see the sprawling mass which is chinas capital city. We're all very excited to be arriving in haikou tonight (at about 8.15, Chinese time) and have decided that we will try to get out of the city for a day or two before classes start on the 6th...though there seems to be quite a lot to do...like getting residence permits, sorting out accommodation and the like.

We're also slightly concerned about the flight between Guangzhou and Hainan...as it could well end up being a little 12 seated plane taking us across through hainanese monsoon storms, which would be slightly hair raising! For some reason we're also quite comfortable with the fact that we don't expect to be able to understand anything that Chinese people say for the first couple of months...but I guess we'll see how we feel about that in a few days time.

Right, I'm gonna try and go to sleep again, I will try and put this onto ze inter web as soon as I have internet access and have chosen a blog website...

Much love!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb