Arriving in HaiKou (Hainan)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hainan » Haikou
April 24th 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The ferryThe ferryThe ferry

Our bedroom for the night!
After very little sleep on the ferry, we arrived tired and grumpy at HaiKou. The usual mob of taxi drivers hounded us, but we are growing accustom to that now, so we calmly choose one and set off for a hotel listed in our bible. The hotel was amazing quality for a 'budget' choice, Mark had already stolen all the freebies before we even had chance to check-in! After a hard nights travel, a nap was well deserved.

Our Primary mission: Find a way to get to VietNam from Hainan island.

Our hotel was very central to we walked through the park to the main shopping district in search of some travel agencies. Our bible had let us done (shock, horror). The one we were aiming for had now moved. After walking for what seemed like an eternity and Ollie using is best Chinenglish, we found that there was no way to sail or fly to VietNam from Hainan. Mission failed!

Dissapointed, we decided not to drown our sorrows in beer (just yet), but we hit the next best thing; waffles. We regained our composure and conceeded we had to go back through mainland China to reach VietNam. So we went back to the Ferry terminal, booked a ferry back for 4 days time, took the wrong bus back and therefore took a taxi from the end of the bus route to our hotel.

Dinner consisted of the place next door to hotel (because it was raining I may add), called Do & Me. Interesting. It was like a Chineese McDonalds, but with good food. We ended the day with 'some beers' and alot of dice games in the park, in a very shadey backstreet place. It was very surreal, but alot of fun!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb