Yangshuo, Belssed Yangshuo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
April 28th 2010
Published: June 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: 22 secs
2: 19 secs
We left Shanghai with 3 days left on our tourist visa, and headed to Buckland International's Headquarters in Yangshuo, China for teacher orientation. Buckland International is a great company: they take good care of you and you get to stay in Yangshuo for a week!

Yangshuo is (so far) my favorite place in China. It is full of natural beauty and is an education hub of southern China. It is difficult to get there, but once you do, you don't want to leave. It is a backpackers paradise that has western food and night clubs.

Jay and I stayed with a Chinese family and we were subjected to a curfew! If we weren't home by midnight we were locked out! We tolerated it for free lodging, plus we had training courses in the morning, so it was a good idea to get a good night's sleep.

We made some great friends while in Yangshuo. Three of which we visited in Beijing last weekend. The five of us went on the best bike ride of my life through the mountains and villages of Yangshuo. It was truly one of the most memorable days in my life. We were sad to leave after the week, but excited to go to our new home in Pucheng (where we have been living and teaching). More on Pucheng in the next blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Night We Met AerialThe Night We Met Aerial
The Night We Met Aerial

That's her on the right
We Have a Story We Have a Story
We Have a Story

ask me and I'll tell you about Crazy Larry
Look CloselyLook Closely
Look Closely

This pic is worth expanding, I promise!
Time For a BreakTime For a Break
Time For a Break

After 30 long minutes on the trail, it's time to stop and drink!


16th July 2010

whu?
seriously? so it really is like that? i mean like, really?

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb