New kids in town


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
October 20th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The parkThe parkThe park

Sitting in the park
What a great way to travel- bunk beds on a bus (the sleeper bus) why don't we have these in Europe? or if we do why haven't i been on one before?) Of course I chose an upper bunk (really comfortable but glad i wasn't tall or too wide!!!), It was great you could see so much more, if only you weren't travellling at night. But still the mystical shapes of the Yangshou peaks at first light was amazing. And we got dropped off at the bus station (unlike the forums i read ,that said watch out for the dodgey touts and drivers who'll drop you anywhere) then met by someone from our hotel 2 minutes walk away.

Great not too far to lug the rucksack. Room great -no bugs-(again reviews were wrong, pleased about that) very clean and cheap £5 a night for the two of us. Had a wander around Yangshuo, this place is beautiful. Ok so there are a lot of tourists but most of them seem to be Chinese and if you go away from West (Foreigner) Street you get to see a glimpse of the real China.
The walk through the park was very real, loads of 'old' people playing mah Jong, strange card games with funny cards (got to find out more about that it looked great) and men fishing in the water lily field. Just locals going about their business, not trying to sell us anything just an occasional 'hello' from someone tryng to practise their English.
Heard from Lawrie the guy we are going to volunteer with meeting him in the morning, really nervous about that but mixed with great excitement.
So until then..........








Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb