Night bus to Yangshuou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
October 17th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

CrayfishCrayfishCrayfish

try to say Crayfish with chillies and garlic without your mouth wtering
I had a plan, I had been to Hong Kong airport before so I knew I could get a bus to Shenzhen. Somehow I managed to book a mini bus at 5 times the bus price.
As it turned out we had booked a pretty obscure backpackers hostel and it tok a meeting of several drivers to determine its location. The mini bus took us direct from the airport to our hostel and it was still less than £30.
The hostel was basic and had seen better days but it was clean and had a TV and aircon.











Shenzhen is like Hong Kong's shifty brother. It shares the modernity and frenetic business atmosphere but there is an almost desparate urge amonst retailers to sell, sell, sell that can be unsettling and you sense a dark undercurrent that keeps you on your guard.
Having said that we walked around the streets of our hostel and had lots of hellos and smiling faces and when we plucked up the courage and chose a restaurant for dinner (none had menus in English) we were immediately helped in our food selection by an English
My little HutMy little HutMy little Hut

Not easy to find even when you take a picture
speaking customer who left his meal to make sure we got what we wanted. What a meal that turned out to be. Steamed butterfly prawns in garlic, beef in oyster sauce with vegetables and a huge dish of crayfish in chillie and garlic. We were hungry and gorged ourselves but still didn't finish it all.
We left Shenzhen in the evening of the following day on the night bus to Yangshuou.











I have slept on buses before but this was the first time I had been provided with a bed! The entire bus is fitted with bunk beds and will accommodate up to 30 horizontal passengers.
I can highly recommend it, providing your not too tall as the beds are barely 6' long but I managed a good nights sleep and woke up at day break to peer out at the ghostly shapes of the massive limestone rocks that identify Yangshuou.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Sleeper BusSleeper Bus
Sleeper Bus

Up the ladder to the roof


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb