Yangshuo 17th to 20th


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
April 17th 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Feeling special from some late night shenanigans we decided to have an easy day on Thursday. This involved some food and some tv and not much else.

Friday was a different day so we decided that the best way for Dale to get over his new found fear of bikes was.....to go cycling, YAAAY!! Hiring some bikes, including a tandem for Dale and Mark, we headed out into the amazing countryside. After about four hours of riding we decided that Dale was over his fear and we were a little tired so headed back to Yangshuo for some down time before hitting the town and painting it a strange shade of red!

Saturday was spent arranging a bus ticket and walking round the town and eating! amazing how this can take it out of you! That done we then headed out to our favorite place, Buffalo bar and settling in for another night of ...... and rice wine!

Sunday was a very good day. We arose from our collective deep slumber and headed to one of our favorite restaurants for some breakfast/dinner and then went to see the amazing 'Xi Jue, Impression' light show at the lagoon. This
Light ShowLight ShowLight Show

Every light is a boat by the way
was incredible. Choreographed by the same man responsible for the Beijing 2008 Olympic games opening ceremony, the cast numbered well over 500 people and the setting was astounding. The entire performance was held on boats and platforms stretching into the river and it was stunning to watch. The pictures we took do it absolutely no justice at all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Moon hill ViewMoon hill View
Moon hill View

VIew from the top of moon hill


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb