Yangshuo to Nanning


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Nanning
April 21st 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Feeling very sorry to be doing so, we packed up and left Yangshuo. 6 days here was amazing and I would love to come back. We were up a little bit too early for our liking and so made it to the bus a full 30 mins before it departed!! The bus was great and even gave us breakfast, some bun covered in sugar and coconut! The six hour ride passed uneventfully apart from a couple of 'full bladder situations' but luckily the buses here stop far more frequently than the ones in India. WE hopped of in Nanning and then onto another bus, the number 6, to get closer to our hotel. We thought about walking it from the bus stand but after 30 mins on the second bus were very glad we hadn't tried. The bus dropped us off just outside our chosen hotel and we grabbed a room and went out for some food!

The restaurant we went into looked nice and we set about ordering some random dishes from the menu. when one of them arrived we managed to convince ourselves that we had mistakenly ordered dog stew, a delicacy in Nanning. After some hilarious acting and a little bit of drawing we found out it was boar. After this we went for a long walk around Nanning city and then headed back to the hotel for a good long sleep!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb