Beautifull Longji Rice Terraces


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Longji Rice Terraces
July 16th 2012
Published: July 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wow, this is one scenic place. About 880 m above sealevel. Climbing to the top is a very sweaty business, however. The beautiful scenery is just such a great reward.

Starting the morning early by bus from Yangshuo we traveled by bus to this Longji terraces, also known as Dragon's Backbone due to the mountains ridges that can be seen from the top with beautiful rice terraces everywhere. It is about a 3 hours drive through a curving and climbing valley to this area. Before reaching the terraces we first stopped off at the famous long hair villages at the bottom of the valley. Some womans hair is 2.1 m long and they twirl it around their heads and then tie it in a certain way. The way they tie it also indicates if they are married, single, have children etc. It is a bit commercialized here, but nevertheless very interesting.

After this we moved on to the highlight of the area, namely the terraces. It is about an hour's climb to reach the top, and get some very beautiful scenes. This is also extremely hot and humid, so sweating it out we reached the top with some other thousands of chinese tourists. Overhere there is also quite a few western tourists around. We had a nice lunch to get our energy back and then walked back down again. Our bus back to Yangshuo reached the town at about 7 pm and we were very tired but extremely satisfied.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb