Day 133: Hua Shan to Liuzhou, China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Liuzhou
April 9th 2010
Published: April 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 133: Friday, April 9th, 2010.
Hua Shan to Liuzhou, China.

Per Intrepid Notes, "Day 15 Liuzhou
On day 15, we have a long journey ahead of us. Leaving Hua Shan in the morning, we transfer back to Ningming (approx. 1 hour) and board a public bus to Nanning (approx. 2 hours). From Nanning, we board another bus to our destination for the night, Liuzhou (approx. 4 hours). We have the afternoon and the next morning free in Liuzhou to explore the local markets or head to the centre of town for a more up-market shopping experience. In Liuzhou we stay in a comfortable and centrally located hotel. We will take an afternoon stroll near our hotel for a short orientation walk to find the nearest bank, internet cafe and local eateries."


Should have doped myself up to get a good nights sleep. If I had, I wouldn't have heard the many creatures climbing and clawing on our bungalow's roof and wall. Rita sleeps like the dead so she didn't hear it/wake up for it. It was insane. The next day I asked Ling what critters it could have been and her vote (and the "hotel" owners) was monkeys AND rats. Fun combo. Dick and Judy were in the bungalow next to us and Judy said she could hear the noise from our jungle party but that no one decided to play on their roof.

Yeah, long ass travel day. Between the long travel days, less than stellar accommodations and the fact that our destinations, so far, seem to have very little to see/do, none of us in the group are happy campers. Got into Liuzhou around 5pm, went to dinner, then we all went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb