The Terraces in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
November 21st 2012
Published: November 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Why do I want to say something about the terrace, is because their stunning views in each seasons!

Longji Rice Terrace, Guilin, Guangxi, China.
The terraced fields are built along the slope winding from the riverside up to the mountain top, the highest part being 880m in elevation while the lowest part is 380m. Longji (Dragon's Backbone) Terraced Rice Fields received their name because the rice terraces resemble a dragon's scales, while the summit of the mountain range looks like the backbone of the dragon.

Yuanyang Rice Terrace, Yuanyang, Yunnan, China.
Yuanyang Rice Terrace is located in Honghe Prefecture, along the Red River. It is well known for its spectacular rice-paddy terracing.
Despite the overwhelming scenic beauty of its landscape and colourful local minorities, mass tourism hasn't developed in this region, mainly due to its remote location, lack of a nearby airport, and until fairly recent, relative inaccessibility due to bad road conditions. I think this is a natural protection, great!

Both the rice terraces will show different and colorful views in four seasons. So they attract people all the years. In spring, you can see the water rice terrace; in summer, you can view the green rice terrace; in autumn, you will appreciate the golden scenery and in winter, you also will be stunned by the white surroundings!

No matter in which terrace, you will be warm welcomed by the local people, the national minority. And you could catch the chance to communicate with them through your local guide.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb