Longsheng quick tour


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
April 8th 2012
Published: April 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tried to do some look around in Longsheng area, but the weather wasn't promising, rain and cloudy. Longsheng town had nothing that could remind me of the tiny village that I had visited almost 20 years ago, now it was a town with neon-lite all through the night. Back then I remember the guesthouse by the river and the water-wheel, a single hammock which I had spend many lazy afternoon. By evening I walk up the trail behind to a Miao village, where they offered you-cha the oil tea and food for a small fee. now...seldom traveler stay here, most of them head right away up to the terrace area where spread with guesthouses. Me...no...I guess I had enough rice terrace picture for the last 10 years. beside...I am not really willing to spend 80 yuan just to enter the area. The news today just said entrance fee in tourist area are rocket high and kept going up unreasonably! So...sorry...no info for the terrace trip! I came here just to see if I could find the Red Yao that wear costume. Weijiang market deep into the mountain offered nothing, but the old wooden bridge nearby provided some walking to kill off some time, The bridge claimed constructed without using a single nail, and...the Red Army had been crossing this bridge during the civil war...Big deal!! The Heping market probably the only market where you could still see some Yao women with costume, as it is right at the doorstep to the Longji terrace area, where lived most of this Red Yao subgroup. Jacket with many cross-stitches design, black turban with couple of embroider figures, few gridles with plaited skirt and legging. You could also see some of this Red Yao in Longsheng town as well on market day. Hike in the surrounding sometimes you wouldn't notice some local folk superstition, when a new born got to 1 year old,people would constructed wooden bridge crossing, decorated with colour clothes on road gap, just to offered convinence to the others, to do good and earn merit, so the kid could live a smooth and safe life that would protect by the deity.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

back viewback view
back view

the dark one is simple style without much embroidery


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb