Christmas tree, big tree, christmas tree, christmas tree


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
October 22nd 2010
Published: October 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This is how we came to recognise the Chinese symbols for Guilin. Though China is proving to be more expensive than most of our trip, there are also less people trying to rip you off. In fact, haggling with the Chinese is great fun, when you get the right price they poke out the tongue and make a gesture to suggest that you've cut their throats in the deal! All with a smile on their face.

Guilin is a pretty town, but we managed to get into China just as a billion Chinese get the week off and flock to the major tourist attractions, the second day we were in the town showed that they had arrived, it was far busier than the first. All Chinese people get October 1-7th off as a national holiday!

We took a river cruise down the Li River to marvel at the cliffs dropping straight into the river. So far, China has been very impressive. It also seems to attract a different type of traveller to some of the 18-30 Club in Thailand, should I feel upset that I no longer qualify for these holidays? Regardless of the answer, I do not.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb