Not to worry!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
February 3rd 2008
Published: February 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We're safe, despite the crippling snow-sleet-storm that is blanketing the rest of China. After our arrival in Guilin, we stayed at a hotel that provided a barely working absurdly located heater. We then moved the next day to a fairly nice hotel with another abysmal in-room heater. Then, the power was cut off! SO we thought we could tough it out, but after it got dark, we were freezing! I was under 2 comforters, in all my clothes, with a huge coat on and still cold! We moved hotels yet again and that's just when Alex's head cold started kicking in. Ahhh, the adventure!

We had planned to spend the Chinese New Year in Yangshuo which us only an hour away by bus, however, the weather is miserable. Also, Yangshuo is having blackouts, which was how we needed up here in the first place!

We're stuck! Do we leave big city Guilin for small town rolling blackout Yangshuo? Or do we sit tight and way for the storm to blow over? I'm of the mind that since Alex has a nasty cold and our hotel provides heat and hot water, we should stay here. Or maybe I'm just being lazy.




Advertisement



4th February 2008

Warming up?
Hey, kiddos, Has the storm lifted yet? We are having snow today, Monday. Sorry to hear that Julie has to nurse again! How is the other issue coming along? Love you, Mom
4th February 2008

Stay
Stay there. There's plenty of time to travel when it's not snowing.
5th February 2008

I am very glad you are safe and warm. I was developing migraines scanning every photo out of China for two bobbing blonde heads. I am sure I spotted you at least three, four times. Or maybe it was Pitt and Jolie. Very cold here. Clevie wasn't as careful with his grooming as he should have been and his paw froze to the ground. Our laundry room isn't very well insulated and I learned that you should never thaw frozen laundry detergent in the microwave. Bubbles fill our kitchen every time we reheat our coffee along with the aroma of melted plastic. Take care, sweeties.

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb