Continual Improvements!!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
December 4th 2006
Published: December 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The train to Guilin was a considerable improvement on the previous trips we had endured, and, having sussed the job we were well prepared with our pot noodles (chinese style!) and fruit for sustenance! Beileve it or not these beds were an improvement on the previous night in the hostel and we arrived in Guilin after a comparatively comfortable nights sleep albeit a little early!

So early that there was no one about at the hostel til daybreak......thus we sat on the doorstep reading by torchlight! (It was a great deal warmer there than anywhere else we had been!) Finally some stirring in the hostel got us checked in and, heater on, we hit the sack...on proper beds for a couple of hours! Stirring again at 11, we showered in blissfully hot cascades of water and were able to hit Guilin running! Site seeing galore!

We did the main street and the city as well as some of its parks......Guilin was truly stunning and so different to anywhere else we had been, much greener and more landscaped than anywhere previously! Meandering around we felt we had 'done' Guilin sufficiently - not able to climb the nearby peak for Jen's now dodgy knee and my not so hot ankle (though much improved!). Instead we took to the night market....well we hadn't seen any or shopped for ages!!!!!

That done we decided to hit the road again the next morning and head for Yangshou. Just down the road - but the inspiration for most of China's national paintings....apparently!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb