First stop in Pearl Sea (Zhuhai)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Zhuhai
December 21st 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Singapore, we took Tigerairways (0600) to Macau. Next, we took the AP1 bus from the airport to the Macau-Zhuhai border; Portas do Cerco (Barrier Gate) Frontier Checkpoint on the Macau side, and the Gongbei checkpoint on the Zhuhai side. The queue at the immigration was very long (because it was a Sunday) but it moved quite fast. Many people from Macau travel across to Zhuhai just to buy groceries or to have breakfast ('zhou cha'). Therefore, try to avoid weekends if you can.

After clearing immigration, we walked to Ming An Hotel which was located behind the clock tower (can be seen from the Gongbei checkpoint). We had our first lunch in Zhuhai in the hotel's restaurant. The food was delicious.

After the hearty meal, we walked back towards the Gongbei checkpoint, not to leave Zhuhai but to shop at the underground shopping mall. It is a shopping heaven for ladies with abundant shops selling clothes, shoes, accessories, bags, etc. There were a few shops selling men clothes too. Be prepared to bargain and state you price (usually 30-50% lower than the price tags).

Dinner was at a small shop along the street near the hotel and we continued walking around the streets. Went for a foot massage (RMB30 for an hour) beside the hotel.

Next morning, we went to Xiangzhou to walk around. Cut my hair in one of the saloon beside Jusco for 30RMB (including hair wash and head massage). For dinner, we took a bus (1hr) to Wanzhai for a seafood feast. The seafood street in Wanzhai offers many different types of live sea creatures. You can buy from any stalls you want and then choose the restaurant to cook it for you. I enjoyed the scallops the most. Took a cab back to hotel as it was too late to take the bus after dinner.

Headed to Guangzhou the next day after having 'dim sum' in the hotel's restaurant.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb