Half day in Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
December 12th 2007
Published: December 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After passing through the over-crowded Zhuhai-Macau border, we managed to reach at Macau city by bus from the border's bus terminal at around 1pm. You can take bus to anywhere you want in Macau but you will have to get ready your coins beforehand (no change provided).

Metropole Hotel was a newly renovated hotel and located quite near to the Largo Senado. Booked through asiarooms.com for HK$450 per night. After checking-in, we immediately rushed to Taipa Village to get the famous and delicious pork chop bun. There was already a long queue when we reached there even though they haven't started selling the buns. The pork chop bun with their special milk tea were yummy! After the fulfilling meal, we walked around Taipa and bought some almond cookies to bring back home. Taipa was very quiet and peaceful, which was so unlike the chaotic Macau city with cars and people everywhere. I love the pretty flowers along the streets.

Back to the hustle and bustle of the Macau City, we explored the Largo Senado. The paved streets and old Portuguese colonial buildings were interesting. Took lots of pictures of the Ruins of St Paul.

After having Macau-cantonese dinner (Zhuhai's food was so much nicer), we went to Casino Lisboa and Wynn to try our luck. The casinos were spectacular and I was amazed by the people who gambled there. They gambled like there was no tomorrow. There was this old lady (70plus?) who kept on changing cash for chips after a few games. Guess most of the people were pretty loaded.

We headed back home the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb