Shenzhen


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Shenzhen
June 20th 2009
Published: September 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 29

We woke a little later than we wanted and headed off to get some breakfast. Now we were fed we packed up and waved goodbye to Chungking Mansions (thank god) and headed off to the metro that actually went all the way to the Chinese border which was great news and we didn't even need to change lines so we just relaxed on an air conditioned train for 25min.

Once at the border we had to go back through immigration and all the usual H1N1 swine flu checks that we're now used to. Then off to the ticket office to find a train to Guilin (which is near Yangshuo).

Once at the ticket office we found there were no trains to Guilin for another four hours and the train was a sleeper as well overnight for about 14 hours. Facing the prospect that there were no other options we bought the tickets and parked up in the train station for a few hours with the locals. During this time we had a McDonalds as it was the only food available and we caught up with the blog as well.

Now we headed off to the train which we found to be the oldest yet and we sat and played cards for a while and had some noodles. One thing that's interesting about Chinese trains is they provide boiling water for your noodles which works really well. Then it was time to head up for a sleep and to give the mosquitoes a chance to feast on us some more.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb