“Missy, Lookie?? You like Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton?”


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Shenzhen
December 28th 2008
Published: December 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Missy, Lookie?? You like Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton? These words are chimed incessantly as you shuffle through the labyrinth that is a Shoppers Dream come true, Shenzhen's Louhu Commercial Centre.
This 5 Story shopping centre is home to fake or real (well done if you can tell the difference) Designer handbags, shoes, Clothes, dancewear, sporting shoes and attire, fabrics, tailors, manicures, pedicures, massages, costume jewellery, semi precious stones, jewellery & DVD's; you name it they have it or one of the many hawkers will find it for you.
When you get hungry there is at least 1 restaurant on each level. If you don't like Chinese there is a Western Style Bistro on the 4th Floor. It also happens to be one of 2 places that sells coffee in the entire shopping centre and believe me you will want coffee to keep you going on your 12 hour shopping marathon. The 2nd coffee place is a Chinese Fast Food joint on level 1.
I'll warn you.. You get lost, all the shops look the same, so try and work systematically through this maze. If your shoe size is 40 Plus, you'll have a tough time getting your favourite pair of heels, however they have 40 plus flat shoes & trainers. Most Jewellery has no size restrictions except rings, so you'll always find something to fit you there; faux Tiffany, Channel, Gucci, LV is rife.
What will always fit are the clothes made especially for you by your new tailor. I found a winner on the 5th Floor, Shop 21, ask for Susan, she speaks great English, and as far as I can tell is very honest. The website is awful but has the address www.newworldclothes.com /EN/contact.asp.
I've spent 4 days in this place and have to admit I am feeling completely shopped out. The purpose of my trip was to have a few outfits made, well maybe more than a few. Susan is quite the sales person and so without much effort she got me ordering more and more garments each time I met with her. Depending on the fabric you choose a suit can cost you about AUD$70, Shirts are about $20. So if you're up for a major shop, this is the place for you.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb