W14/03/2007: A day in Shenzhen


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Shenzhen
March 15th 2007
Published: March 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Shenzhen 1Shenzhen 1Shenzhen 1

In the bus for Shenzhen
Shenzhen is one of the most modern city of China. It is situated at one hour and a half by train from Guangzhou. I and my friends really enjoyed staying there and we were very astonished about the beauty of that place.

We took the bus from our University with the help of Joanna who is a MBA student in Lingnan. She helped us a lot for taking that bus because we would never find it without her help I think! The bus is the cheapest way to go to Shenzhen. You save about 3 euros compare to the train and the bus drives you directly in the center of Shenzhen city.

We arrived in Shenzhen in the park we wanted to visit first: Windows of the world. As we heard about Shenzhen, there isn’t a lot of interest places to visit. Shenzhen is a city where you go for shopping, business and visiting its numerous parks.

Windows of the world is a real universal exhibition presenting the main monuments of the world architecture (Eiffel tower, Buckingham Palace, Egyptian pyramids, …). It is the most popular park for Chinese people. It was very entertaining to visit that place because we had the feeling to travel around the world without moving from China. Look at the numerous pictures I selected for you and note how beautiful they are!

In the afternoon, we left the park for Shenzhen city. We just stayed in a commercial street and admired how Shenzhen citizens are impregnated of the occidental culture. There is nothing to compare with Guangzhou. In that commercial street, I had the feeling to be in New York you know! That’s incredible and totally amazing!

My friends bought some clothes and shoes and one of them was swindled by a dishonest chinese seller in the street… I just mentioned that to emphasize how much I sympathize with his sad experience… ;-)

At the end of the day, we went back home by train. For finishing this great day in beauty, we took 5 minutes at the way out of the train station to explain to two controllers that two of us had lost their train tickets. Never throw away your ticket entrance in China before going out from somewhere! Remind it otherwise you will have to pay again! However, we didn’t pay anything thanks to the strong defence of our nice Italian friend Nicoletta! Maybe the controllers were scared about her… Hihihi…



Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb