BNE to SZX


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Shenzhen
September 28th 2018
Published: September 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our Plane!Our Plane!Our Plane!

Obligatory Plane Photo
Hey guys!

So, we made it! Mostly alive and almost entirely intact. Just a really quick post today because from 8:00 in the morning to midnight Brisbane time was spent in airports or airplanes and, best case, nothing interesting happens in them.

So yeah, the flight was good, kids were good, food was less good. Border control in Shenzhen was somewhat arduous but that was pretty standard I think, and it wasn't hard, it just took a long time and now we have our fingerprints on file, so our plan for the Chinese 'Heist of the Century' is now going to require some tweaking ;-)

From there we caught a couple of metro trains back to the area Kate and Lloyd live and then walked through a bit of the city to get to their apartment. Whether it's being crazy tired, or having kids this time and knowing Liam has a tendency to get distracted by shiny things and wander off, Shenzhen seems a lot more full on than I remember Beijing being, it looks a lot more like you imagine a Chinese city to look, it's probably more that way at night, we'll go have an explore today and see what it's actually like. Although, by definition, it's going to look like a Chinese city isn't it?!

Cool cool. OK guys, catch you later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



ShenzhenShenzhen
Shenzhen

This is the view down on the street from our window. It seemed more interesting when I took it...


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb