Gotcha Day!!!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
March 5th 2011
Published: March 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Gotcha Day
Feb 28, 2011
A day of mixed emotions. While this is a fantastic day for us, we know this is one of Zan’s worst.

We woke early this morning, not quite believing that after years of paperwork, waiting, more paperwork, more waiting, more paperwork that “it” is really happening. The families receiving children this morning gathered in the lobby (some were scheduled to receive this am and others in the afternoon - depended on how far away the orphanages were). We arrived at the registration office, a building on the outskirts of Zhengzhou, just a couple minutes ahead of the kids, who were being driven into the city from Luoyang. The van pulled up and utter excited chaos was for the next hour. Out of the van came the three children. First was Linda’s three-year-old, then Zan who was marching up the stairs and then a beaming 8 year old Guo Zhong. Zan was brought into the building, our names were verified and his housemother made the introduction. At first he wanted nothing to do with us, then we presented Cheerios…and he gave us a second thought ☺ One of our travel mates was not to receive his child until the afternoon so he agreed to come with us to take pictures. It was a blessing as we were just overwhelmed with emotions, awe and smiles (and tears). We signed the guardianship agreement and took our registration photo.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb