Jin Is Officially Approved for U.S. Entry!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
August 19th 2010
Published: August 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we took a bus to the U.S.Consulate here in Guangzhou. There they called us up individually by our child's Chinese name. It was so noisy in the waiting room, with 33 families all together, that we barely heard it when they called Jin's name. We were the first ones! We walked up and signed a form, and then they continued calling up the other families. Then the consulate official gave about a 10 minute speech about adoptions in China, which she said continue to be the highest number of international adoptions. Also, she said that regarding special needs adoptions, two years ago they represented 45 percent, then last year 54 percent, and this year are projected to be 66 percent of all adoptions from China. Could not bring our camera in so no pictures. While we were there, Bao played in a little playhouse provided for waiting families. When Jin toddled up, Bao shouted repeatedly, "No, my house. No, my house" and barred Jin from entering. Hope he doesn't say the same when we arrive home tomorrow night.

Advertisement



19th August 2010

Safe Journey to you all!
Congratulations new family member, Jin! Please have a safe journey home to all of you! Love, Aunt Lisa and Uncle Stacy

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb