We're on a Road, Hopefully, to Somewhere


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
August 16th 2010
Published: August 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Okay am starting to fall behind in entries. Yesterday we took the boys to an amazing 1500 year old temple where they received a blessing from a Buddhist monk. Then we visited the Chen Clan House, which is about 200 years old and all constructed of wood (possibly teak - don't know how it is still intact). We do not have any photos of the temple as we had left our camera in the van. Today we wandered around the area that we are staying in. And then poor Jin Jin had to get the 6 shots! Allen said he was a trooper and only cried during the exact time that they were administered. Bao and I walked around Shamian Island while we waited for them. I got Bao the same little wood tea accessories in a cup that we saw on the tea carts here at the hotel. When I gave it to him, he said "I love it!" Didn't even know he could say that. The island was lost to the Brits during the second opium war, and it is characterized by beautiful colonial architecture to this day. There is also a nice harbor that runs through it. We have been eating very well here. We didn't know what Jin would be eating when we got him. They said at the orphanage that he drank formula and ate only rice congee, which is kind of like a rice pudding. Well not anymore. Everyday this boy easily eats his weight in yogurt, dim sum (dumplings), fried noodles, rice, watermelon, and eggs. Sorry not more interesting of an entry. The boys are running around the room in their brand new squeaky shoes and to say it is distracting is really putting it lightly. Bao's eye injury has been fine today. Unfortunately, however, with Bao's recently acquired tea accessories, he was so excited to play tea party that he broke a glass in the room mere minutes ago. It is, as they say, always something.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb