China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
April 1st 2010
Published: April 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the errors on the last one, I sent it before I was finished. Here is a remake and some other things added that I forgot.
Today we left Hong Kong and took a train into China. We went through the country side. Now I really feel I’m in a foreign country!! There were lots of rice fields and shrimp farms. The houses were made of wood bamboo and scrap metal for roofs. We took a long time at customs. A police officer was checking my visa a lot of times. Then we had a driver who spoke no English. Luckily, he was the right driver. We took a van to a huge store. They had fish alive in tanks and dead on the shelves. At my aunt's apartment, they welcomed us with a fire cracker that had a string that was 4 stories tall hanging down from the roof. There were little fire crackers on the string and when lighted, they fall off and exploded. At the top of the string was a big fire cracker. When it went off, it had a string and what were attached were squares with china writing. Then we had a china barbeque. They severed chicken wings and beef shish-ka-bobs. Then we made potstickers and then we steamed them.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb