Mongolian breakfast


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
December 4th 2009
Published: December 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My birthday cakeMy birthday cakeMy birthday cake

from a couple of the students
No sign of the police last night, the people in the office don’t think it’s an issue at all so were not worried. Yesterday one of the lady bosses gave me a really cool static lamp as an early birthday present, which was really cool. I think birthdays must be quite a big deal here.

The office girls are all having a lot of fun with the Christmas decorations and we are still planning the Christmas party, or parties now as we have decided to have one for the younger students and one for the adult students.

The internet net is being setup at our house today, so that will make life abit easier, but still there isn’t a whole lot we can do on the internet because of the censorship.

This morning I got a phone call from one of our students that she was sending her driver to pick us up. He took as to a really fancy Mongolian restaurant. The food was really good nothing to strange except a hot milk which they tried to explain came from a kid of sheep (I’m pretty sure it was yak) I tried to drink all my milk (a very big bowl) quickly so it would be over, but then straight away the waiter filled it back up again. Paris thought this was quite amusing. We sat in a private room and the restaurant owner came joined us (he was a friend of the birthday girls father) one of the students wanted a violinist so we could have birthday music, so the restaurant owner got one picked up and brought in, he was very good, it was very odd music. I’m not sure if it was Mongolian or Chinese.

After lunch/breakfast the birthday girl (Calyx) had her driver bring us back to work, and told him to make it quick so we wouldn’t be late, which made for some very scary driving.

Now we sit at work again and prepare for some more lessons, tonight I need to buy some shoes for the theme parks tomorrow, Paris is quite excited. Oh and my cold is nearly all gone which is great.

as i write this there is a man downstairs who comes everyday and puts a red poster up, then about 10 minutes later everyday another man comes with some tools and spends a long
DSC02436DSC02436DSC02436

Athena, Joris and Betty (the cake bringers)
time scraping a way the poster, I am very curious about what it says but I can never get to it in time and if i could i doubt i would be able to read it..



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Calyx's birthday lunchCalyx's birthday lunch
Calyx's birthday lunch

the violinist at the Mongolian restaurant
DSC02444DSC02444
DSC02444

Joy (teacher), james and another student i forget her name


5th December 2009

J-Depp
Interestingly dressed fellow - Jonny Depp? Kate - Kate's asian clone?

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb