M05/03/07: A day around the campus


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
March 6th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We discovered another asian sport. It is a foot game. The number of players is indifferent. This game consists in exchanging a sort of ball with feathers by feet. It is very funny and tiring when you don’t know how to play with it. So this is the new daily sport of our French team… only for a moment I think.

Have a look on the South gate of the campus! And the Chinese policeman!  Haha picture! I’m a tourist!

This Monday was the last day of the Chinese lantern celebration. Its duration is about one month.

The Chinese lantern celebration is done since the Hanne dynasty (from -202 to 221) and it closes the New Year festivities. In the olden days, it was the occasion to drive back with lanterns the ancestors come to visit from the next world.

In Guangzhou, there were dragon dances in the streets and dancing lessons as well!

We had lunch in a nice fast food where we ate wonton soup. Mmmhhh! Don’t be jealous ;-P

In the afternoon, we have been in Tian He market which is the biggest electronic market of Guangzhou city. You can find what you dream there if you are a computer fan! Prices are about 30% less than in France and you should always bargain. I didn’t buy anything there because I want to wait for going to Hong-Kong before investing in such things.

So the only sentences I know in Chinese at present are:
Zhè gè duōshăo qián…? (dje gue douo-chao tchienne…?) = How much cost this…?
Néng piányi diăn ma? (neung pienne-yi dienne ma?) = Could you give me a little discount?

Then, they saw you are a foreigner due to your bad accent and they take their calculator to show you their price.

I have been there with my French friends under a rainy and windy day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



7th March 2007

nice to see you are enjoying your stay in China
Enh, I think i would like to be in your place... So nice food in China! Although, they have good cheese in the Netherlands, I can not eat only cheese, nor bread ... Take care! Enjoy your stay
9th March 2007

In Russia we call this sort of game as socks. In summer there are a lot of young people in streets playing socks. It is really very funny and difficult esp. for beginners :)

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb