China with my Xiong di...Paradise road to Maiji Shan


Advertisement
Asia » China » Gansu » TianShui
April 14th 2017
Published: April 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

China with my Xiong di...Paradise road to Maiji Shan. After Robin returned to China following his visit to our Sydney home, Robin's offer "<em style="line-height: 1.42857;">I will drive you" haunted my dreams. So I entered uncharted territory and contacted him in email exchanges: "Robin, you said you would drive me to Maiji Shan. Were you serious?" "Yes. I will drive you. You come and I ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



















Couldn't be happierCouldn't be happier
Couldn't be happier

Maiji Shan here we come



14th April 2017

Lucky to have a Xiong di like Robin
Given that how lucky you are that you have a younger brother like Robin, the oriental hospitality always knocks me down. I'm sure you have experienced the same in your many journeys. An Aussie policeman established his credibility! Wow! I will always remember that when I will be stuck in traffic jam in Canada. Let's continue the journey!
14th April 2017

Lucky to have a Xiong di like Robin
Hospitality is about giving and sharing. When this leads to a relationship whereby one travels as brothers from different cultures...wow...gotta be worth telling! Thanks for joining the ride Tab. Gotta be some Travelblog firsts coming up.
15th April 2017

Cave dwelling
Hi Dave, cave dwelling are one of my favourite sites. When I was in China I have visited a few of them. Great blog.
15th April 2017

Cave dwelling
Not sure whether you are referring to carved grottoes with Buddhist statues and murals or caves dug out of earth cliffs in which 100 million Chinese live. I have photos inside a cave home in my last blog. I have a bit of an obsession with carved grottoes, some of which I highlight in my coming blogs. Maiji Shan is one of my favourites and to me very special.
16th April 2017

Cave Dwelling
In particular I appreciated the "Mogao ku" in Gansu province,even though It was forbidden to take pictures of the statues.
16th April 2017

Cave Dwelling
Thanks for clarifying Marcos. You are referring to caves where statuary dwell. Mogao is the only major carved grotto site in China I have not visited...Xiong di and I talk of doing it together one day. That photos are forbidden at Mogao is the same for Maiji Shan...but as my next blog will reveal the Chinese tourists took no notice of the signs so there are some exceptions!
16th April 2017

Very beautiful music
I read your blog whilst listening to the lovely music. With my morning tea and birds outside. Very nice! Glad to see you in China, I am finding lots of inspiration... Dave
16th April 2017

Very beautiful music
Nice to receive a comment on the music in my blogs Dave...designed to read them by or just pick up the vibe. Teng Ge takes me back to Maiji Shan every time...and when I sang it at the top of my voice...inspirational indeed!!!
16th April 2017

On the road to find out...
Stellar story telling as always, Dancing One. Look forward to hearing much more about this journey when we meet up.....Best regards from the Dangerous One.
16th April 2017

On the road to find out...
Thanks Dangerous One. This was a journey that was ground breaking for me in so many ways...about time I tell the story of the ride and the wonderful people that I shared it with.
17th April 2017
The Magic of Maiji Shan

Never heard of Maijishan Grottoes before
I have never heard of Maijishan Grottoes before I read your blog. I looked them up on Wikipedia and have now added them to my list of places I want to go to. Thanks for telling me about them /Ake
17th April 2017
The Magic of Maiji Shan

Never heard of Maijishan Grottoes before
It's been quite an adventure to get this far Ake. Next blog I will get closer still and tell you more about them.
18th April 2017

Lao Ge and Xiong Di on adventures together!
I so look forwarf to reading what comes after that "to be continued" Who are those muscled men? A vivid read as always Lao Ge!
18th April 2017

Lao Ge and Xiong Di on adventures together!
Welcome to the ride Per-Olof. A Scandinavian lass enters the story...but not quite yet. To be continued!
22nd April 2017

China
Having just come back from China I am loving your descriptions of the everyday, the traffic jams, the tourists etc. I'm really enjoying your experience.
23rd April 2017

China
I have really enjoyed your China blogs as well Meryl...I could recognize you could feel the vibe that is there to be discovered. The story of my adventures with Xiong di continue. Hope you get carried along with the ride and the music takes you there as well.
6th May 2017

Heaven and Paradise
"Heaven" or "Paradise" playing while I read on....and I learn how the "Lao Ge" and "Xiong di" came to be.....I was transported.
6th May 2017

Heaven and Paradise
About time I tell the story, Jo. An incredible adventure unfolding that touched the senses in so many ways. Enjoy.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb