Gansu Monastery


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Gansu » Langmusi
July 30th 2016
Published: July 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
A long bus journey from Lanzhou to Langmusi, 10 hours, but the road was new and the scenery stunning. The only bus we could find left Lanzhou at 7.30 am from the long distance bus station near the train station. The bus goes to jiuzhaigou but stopped to let us off. A young man in his car took us the rest of the way.
The town is split in half with a river running through the middle which is the border between Gansu and Sichuan. There are two monasteries, one on either side of the river . This morning we visited the Gansu monastery.
The monks are of the yellow hat sect and we were lucky enough to catch them at prayer, banging drums and cymbals and blowing trumpets while they were chanting the sutras. As with most temples photos are not allowed inside the buildings which is a shame as they are a riot of colour.
The monastery is situated on the hillside overlooking the town, and climbing up is hard work as we are at 3300m above sea level, with some really amazing views of the town and the surrounding mountains and countryside.

Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless



Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb