Travel to Fujian China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Fujian » Quanzhou
March 22nd 2010
Published: March 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

The first stop, I went to Quanzhou and visited the Taoist founder Laozi near Qingyuan Mountain in daytime, in the evening, I took a walk in Donghu Park and aprreciated the Nanyin (Sounthern Sounds), which is the oldest music in Southern part of Fujian province and it is also a living fossil of China ancient music. It's said that it originates from Tang Dynasty. It sounds very beautifully and comfortablely and it is abosolutely amaging one in my travel. Highly recommend it if have chance to appreciate! The next day I was drived to Xiamen and take a ferry boat to Gulangyu Island. Gulangyu Island scatters here and there with many Chinese-western construction building which remains from different country's embassy before liberation. It is also a good place to shop local specialty, such as all sorts pies (meat pie, fruit pie,...), shell ornaments, seafoods, and so on. One thing to be mentioned, some bars there should be to take a seat and taste a glass of red wine. It feels very cosy and satisfy. Gulangyu is near to Jinmen Island (belong to Taiwan), you could book a ticket to Jinmen if you want to travel there. On day 3, the car drive me to Nanjing County, Zhangzhou City. Tianluokeng Tulou (Hakka Earth Building) is the most strangerous among all the buildings. Nanjing Tulou is nearer to Xiamen and it includes the highest, the smalles, the biggest, the lowest and the best-preserved Tulou compared with another Tulou Buildings in Yongding. We could choose one to visit is ok. Nanjing Tulou have all sorts of shapes for example: round shape, rectangle shape, oval shape... It is a good place to know the history and the culture of Fujian Hakkas. On the way to Tulou, Tianfu Tea Museum & tea Plantation is deserved to visit and to learn the history & culture of different kinds of Tea, Tea art representation, and to taste Kungfu Tea and tea Flavor lunch. It is also most impression places im my mind.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb