Around Chongqing:Day Two


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
January 11th 2010
Published: March 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Though exhausted,We played cards late into night.You would definitely know that we would not be up until almost 11 o'clock the next morning.John engoys a bad reputation as the lazy bone in his dorm because he always misses the first class each morning . i find it amazing that i will be up every morning at a fixed time no matter how late how i slept. i wrapped my entire body with the quilt and read news ,checked for the latest blog entries for blackberry on my BB.i really didn't want to wake they two up.
We first walked to a nearby travel spot called Hongya Cave ,a site built along the slopes. You will find a lot of Chongqing delicacies here.however , to be frank , i think they are so expensive,more expensive than the regular price. They are indeed delicious.I never suggest having a taste of them there. the Zhangfei Beef Man interested me a lot.The brand name of the product is Zhangfei, a historical figure in Triplestate Period.As a form of advertising , the man was decorated as Zhangfei standing there making some poses to attract tourists' attention.
After the visit to Hongyan Cave, we went to the city center where the famous clock tower is. The clock tower was built to commemorate the liberation in 1949 when Chinese Communist Party took over chongqing from Kuomintang.At that time, the tower is the highest building in Chongqing . Fifty years has passed ,the tower has been surrounded by the skyscrapers ,compared with which the tower now seems so short.Today, the tower ,with lots of big shopping malls, pedestrian streets,entertainment centers,enjoys a high popularity among others in southeast China.It has been named as the "First Pedestrian Street" in this area.During holidays or traditional festivals ,people from all directions gather here.We stopped at a restaurant. i had to confess that this lunch was a little bit dear. It's John's first time to try this.i would by no means to show my unwillingness.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb