Chongqing and Yangtze river


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
May 14th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after changing our plans we took a bus to Chongqing, it was an 8 hour bus ride and our driver almost fell asleep, everyone was dozing on the bus (even the driver) when Sabine and Tom saw that the driver was starting to nod off. so they jumped up and started making noise to wake him up, after that Terry our tour guide went up the front and spoke to the drive to keep him awake. it turned out that he had been drive all night and now all day with us. the bus was pretty shitty and dirty. after we stopped off for some lunch and so the driver could have a nap we drove on and finally made it to Chongqing, it a pretty big city. we found our hotel which had nice rooms but no view at all, it was just a wall, which made our rooms dark all day and night, which i loved coz i love sleeping. the next day we all just hung around, got some food and all the stuff we needed (thought we needed) for the boat. and i slept alot. the next day we boarded the boat/cruise ship. it was a pretty nice boat, rooms were nice and it was a decent size, everyone went out for tea but once again i didn't go, dont remember what i did, think i just had some alone time and listen to music. the boat didn't actually leave that day but we all slept on it. so the next day we set off on the cruise, the yangtze river was really beautiful. so we to the ghost city which is a city/temple place for spirits, it was ok i guess, we were rushed around it by the tour guide and didn't have any free time to look around, we did some test to see if we were good or bad ppl, or something like that, we had to cross a brigde in seven steps (i think) run up some stares holding our breath, and balance on a stone on one for for about 5secs (once agian i think) it was also Maria's Birthday and the captains dinner. so we had some champagne and i got tippsy, and we watch the crew do there performances and then we went to the roof to have a little party. The next day we went up a little side river thingy, you know what i mean. we went up in these little wooden boats, and had about 4 chinese men rowing us up the river it was really awesome senery, as the river got shallower the men jumped out and dragged us up the river with ropes tied to the boat. i felt so mean that these guys were dragging us (well me) fat white ppl up the river when they looked like they hadden eating in days. it was kind of odd coz they dragged us up and then we turned round and came back, there wasn't anything further up the river to see, so kind of dont know why they did it, guess its how they use to get there... stuff/stock/ supplies up river. that night we got to the dam it was fucken huge, and we went through the locks which took hours, but was cool aswell. the next day we went and looked at the dam it was ok i guess, was really foggy and you couldn't see much, we also got off the boat at Yichang, we went to our hotel and we just relaxed and i went on the net to catch up with what i had miss on the boat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb