Friday Field Trip


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
September 29th 2006
Published: September 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It is the Friday before we have a week off to celebrate the mid-autumn festival. Today we had a field trip. All of the small classes (mine), all of the big classes (Steph's) and the students from the Montessori department (where Whiteny and Gina teach) are all went on a field trip. We weren't told the destination when we boarded the bus, just happy to be out of the classroom for a change. The students were so excited. We drove for about 20 minutes and turned into a gated park. We drove for a few more minutes down a nice shady road with trees on either side and all of a sudden took a turn into a huge open area with six airplanes. Field trip to the airport? I'm still not sure what it was, but we got to go up into a huge Russian plane and later on we saw a group of young men dressed in fatigues perform some military exercises and cool tai qi moves. Then some of our students performed for them and gave the soldiers boxes of mooncakes. The mid-autumn festival is coming up in October and to celebrate that day Chinese people eat mooncakes. It was a really fun day, the kids were soooooo cute. Here are some pictures!

























Advertisement



13th November 2006

The children are so beautiful! I hope you know how lucky you are. I love the little girls in their kung-fu attire. And the little boy just looking at you with the I love sports t-shirt.

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb