Forbidden City


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
December 5th 2011
Published: December 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After finding our hotel for the night we went to find some breakfast. We found a restaurant that had a lot of people and went in. We pointed to a noodle dish that a lady was eating but she said there was none left. So we pointed to a dish in the menu that looked good. When it came it was noodles with pickled cabbage.

It was a cold blah day. The sky was colorless and everything felt dead. It made for horrible photos.

The Forbidden City, which is now called the Palace Museum occupies the central part of Beijing. It was the imperial palace of Ming and Qing dynasties. Its construction began in 1406 and is now 600 years old. 24 different emperors ruled the country from here for 500 years.

We found that all the buildings look the same.

Another scam that happens at the Forbidden City is the 'art exhibit scam'. Young chinese people invite you to visit an art exhibit going on... and then charge you a fortune for something. We got asked to visit 2, but we said NOPE!

Note to Dad: The bathrooms were really clean at the Forbidden City, and there wre no timer doors.

In the afternoon we went to WU mart (haha!) to buy some food for our train ride the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



10th December 2011
(1024x683)

Statue
Andie Puppy! hahahaha

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb