GL Students Completed Chinese Lessons in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
August 5th 2011
Published: August 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This summer, middle and high school students from Raleigh, NC went to Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) where they studied with classmates from all over the world. Their career aspirations are Physicist, Fashion designer (own my company) and Linguist. Each morning students took a 15 minute brisk walk to the University, dodging bikes, rickshaws, e-bikes, cars, buses, curious onlookers, rain, sun, hazy skies and much more. They completed 80 hours of Chinese language and culture study at the University and received a program certificate. Hats off to our students for finishing the course. In other words, daily interaction was vibrant, adventurous and especially interesting if you needed to ask for something. As there was No English! Everything in Characters! So learning was swift, fast and absolutely applicable. IMMERSION! There were lots of opportunities to practice Chinese. Our Elementary student went to a private school in a quiet setting away from the city. What I felt from the Headmaster of the school was complete compassion for children. At the private school, children are surrounded by the watchful eyes of kind and loving teachers. Learning at the elementary school level is especially holistic because it's inclusive of everyday life. The school offers the option of overnight stay. Daily classes included morning hygiene, exercise, meals, comprehensive Chinese Reading, Writing, Calligraphy, Painting, Dancing, Kong Fu, Tai Chi, play, cultural games, reciting and fun. Again, HATS OFF TO OUR KIDS FOR STAYING AND COMPLETING THE COURSE! Here we will offer lots of pictures, nearly 40, of our adventure and school life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Official stamp:Chinese & American NameOfficial stamp:Chinese & American Name
Official stamp:Chinese & American Name

For each student who completed summer program
In Front of UniversityIn Front of University
In Front of University

Everything's Chinese
Our Dinning Hall Our Dinning Hall
Our Dinning Hall

3 wheel vehicles are common
Everyone's Taking a ShotEveryone's Taking a Shot
Everyone's Taking a Shot

In Demand at Tiannamen Square
Bikes on Street cornerBikes on Street corner
Bikes on Street corner

Waiting for Laundry at University
Goodies For Snack After SchoolGoodies For Snack After School
Goodies For Snack After School

Chinese No Problem!


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb