Am Cam...the Celeb! Well almost...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
April 12th 2011
Published: April 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 20 - Monday 11th April


Spend all day in the Forbidden city being pushed out the way by tiny chinese tourists in their burberry tour caps....spent about 4 hours just wondering around the different Halls and gates and really enjoyed it - it does start to look a bit the same at times... The garden was lush and I am amazed that anything can last in such a polluted city.

Day 21 - Tuesday 12th April - The day I became a celebrity!


Try to find the Underground city created back when the American's landed on the moon, but unfortunately it was still closed which gives me reason to believe the rumours that its actually fictional and they are building it to make another tourist attraction. Passing by the "Beijing Tap Water Musuem" and "The Watermelon Museum" we entered the Temple of Heaven park. We were there with hundreds of chinese tour buses all wearing their coloured caps. A school were obviously on a day trip, dressed in blue shell-suits and orange/burberry fishing hats and they were absolutely fascinated by us. Lots of young girls asked to have a picture taken with me, whilst some just started intently. Many many photos later we managed to continue onto the Halls and walls in the park and then as Michelle climbed the steps to see inside a Hall I became surrounded by young children practising their English asking for photos and stroking me. It was very sweet and so we had a group photo. Its even funnier when the grown women come over and ask for a picture!
We then walked round to the pearl market and were harassed to buy anything and everything. One man tried to sell me traditional chinese shoes. Size 8/9? Not flipping likely! We left without buying anything, the only things required were memory cards but my haggling skills aren't up to scratch yet.
Had a mahusive dinner with Mike and Ed to say farewell, then had some drinks with the American lads who were on a college exchange programme. They were asking some very weird questions..."What are you going to name your first child?" When I figured out that they were younger than my baby sister I felt soooooooooooo old!

Much Love (to people my age and older!) x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

With ALL the school girls!With ALL the school girls!
With ALL the school girls!

The boys were chasing the giant Kiwi!


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb