Travel to China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
September 26th 2010
Published: September 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well we are on our way finally, after weeks of not booking anything we are totally organized and at great prices ... I think. Jack and mrs Hu are in Beijing already and really keen to see us.

clarkson rant #1 - Hong Kong and Beijing airport all have free wifi but Sydney you have to pay ! so backward and annoying !

Well we made it to Beijing, someone was late in picking us up (mrs and mr Hu)
Beijing is as I remember it but with about one million more cars - the traffic is insane, and insanely packed. Michael made a comment which I think is right that all the cars are new and all the buildings look no more than 20 years old, its so strange to see a city where so much money has been spent so recently.
We went o the summer palace yesterday - a huge lake surrounded by gates, boardwalks and palaces, it was really beautiful and a great walk.

We have been to dinner with Jacks mum and partner - the first night (he is in the army and works in the nuclear missile control area, i think he really liked me and made me toast this toxic spirit and kept telling me how australia and china are great friends and would not fight each other. I tend to agree but michael was a bit less convinced - funny !
Last nigh we had dinner with Jacks Dad and it was really good to see him again. Of course the food is awesome and the company too.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb