Ni Hao from Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
July 18th 2009
Published: July 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ni Hao friends and family of the TDSB Chinese Heritage Camp!

Just a quick message to let you know that everyone arrived safely in Beijing this afternoon around 4p.m. after a long flight from Toronto and elsewhere.

Although feeling quite jet lagged everyone is excited to be here. Our Qiaoban (Department of
Culture and Education) team were happy to see us all (Mr. Wong and our tour guides Oscar and Sammy) and were there to meet us at the airport. It was 31C when we landed and sunny and it looks like the good weather will stay with us while in Beijing at least.

Tomorrow we are off to Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the National theatre.

We hope you are all enjoying your day wherever you are.

Take care,
from all the students and supervisors of the TDSB Chinese Heritage Camp

Advertisement



18th July 2009

Da_Jia_Hao
Hello everyone, it's very exciting and also a big relief to hear that everyone arrived health and well, due to the recent quarantines of more than 100 schoolchildren/teachers from the UK and US, I must say that I was more than a little worry. Everyone please take care of yourselves, enjoy each others company and have a great time...looking forward to seeing your next post!
18th July 2009

Relieved!
That's a great relief. Thank you for the update. Wish you all a wonderful trip! Stay cool!
18th July 2009

13 hours!!
Supervisors, congratulations on making it through 13 hours on a plane with 40+ teenagers successfully! Glad to hear that you've all been met with great weather, and I can't wait to see more updates! - Joyce Tse (Ashley Tse's sister)

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb