Just landed and very bloody cold


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
January 9th 2009
Published: January 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Lots of phrases come to mind: start how you mean to go on, it can only get better ETC ETC>

TO start off with the plane: couldny sleep, watched crap movies and got annoyed at BA for trying to make this out to be an amzing experience that we are all lucky to be a part of.

Then got a nice enough taxi to the hotel, WHICH WE WERE NOT BOOKED IN TO!!!!!

The tour company we were with had stopped using the hotel 5 days previously and we were not informed, whoop de doo. Then spent half an hour being asked questions we didnt know the answer to and tryign to work out where to go. At the same time another girl was doign a similair thing next to us, the manager then informs us we are all going to the smae place, oh really, hello, your names Toni, and your with the same tour group as us. Things are looking up.

So the three of us pile into another taxi and head off into the blue for the next hotel.

This taxi drops us off at a crossroads points around and promptly F*cks off.

Cue another half hour of asking scared chinese people where it is, find 1 REALLY helpfull chinese guy who points us in rough direction.

We end up having to walk down a really dodgy looking alley to finally find the hotel (it looks nothing like one and doesnt have its name in english so its hard to find anyway).

Then its time for

WARM ROOM> SHOWER> CUP OF TEA> TV ON> AND RELAX

Advertisement



14th January 2009

Can't you do that at home - why travel around the world to watch TV you tosser ! lol - Miss you already xxxx
15th January 2009

Welcome to.....
the joys of traveling go forth with no expectations of anything and you will NEVER be disappointed at any experience, good or bad!! ;o)
26th January 2009

thanks
cheers for the comments, if u do come i would suggest doing it when its warmer, its much more enjoyable :)

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb