*Beijing!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
April 11th 2008
Published: April 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Back from Beijing! We had a great time and really saw just about everything!
here's a quick overview...

• we got the train from wuxi on friday night at 8:30. some korean guys asked us to switch rooms so they could all be together and then to thank us they gave us peanuts and beer, haha. our roomates on the train were an english teacher and her husband, they were both really nice and we took lots of pics together, lol.

• we got to beijing at 7:30am and were out and about by 8am. our hostel was about a 2min walk from tiananmen square which was great. on saturday we went there, and to the forbidden city, and last to the fake market.

• we took our hostel's "secret great wall" tour on sunday which was really cool. we drove about 2.5 hours to a part of the wall that hasn't been restored at all and our tourguide was a 74 year old chinese man who lives near there. that night we went to see the beijing opera, very chinese, haha, and also lots of fun.

• on monday we took the subway and then a local bus for about an hour to the summer palace, which was very pretty. afterwards, we went to see the olympic stadiums which were sooo cool and all lit up in the dark!

• on tuesday we checked out a bit of the downtown area of beijing, had beijing duck for lunch, and spent the rest of our money at the fake market where we bargained like crazyyy,lol, before getting a train back that night!

we took tons of pics & videos!
the pics are @ http://www.bubbleshare.com/users/profile/441053

**to see all of the captions just click like your highlighting them and the rest will come up. you can also click on grid and then when you put the mouse over the pictures the captions will pop-up**

and the videos are @ http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=901FEAF9497F6FB9

enjoy! : )



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb