First Moment in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
November 3rd 2007
Published: November 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Beijing: Day One.

Landed... sat Gramps in a wheelchair and had an escort take us through customs. It was fast and without complication. Whether the necessity of a wheelchair is present, after today's experience I would strongly recommend it to anyone. Kind of like pretending your crippled at Disneyland, renting a wheelchair and using the handicap line all day. 30 minute taxi ride from the airport. Gramps commented that the last time he was in Beijing was 1984 and it was no where near as dense as it is today. Miles and Miles of apartment buildings with open windows, closed patios and air conditioning units. Similar to Southern California Suburbia track housing - the buildings here come in pairs or triplets. Saw a sign for the Beijing Zoo. Sitting on the couch of the lobby watching my Aunt and Gramps trying to check us all in. David's back and forth; learning how to give up control. For some reason it comes more naturally to me than it does to him. (haha)Our accommodations in Beijing are more than satisfactory. With Gold Trimmed Archways, Mirrored Walls, Sliding Partitions between the bedroom, dressing room and living room. David and I have set up Grand Central Power Converter/Adapter Station to house all of our plug-ins. My personal fav of the room is the Jacuzzi tub in which I AM ABLE TO FIT! I cannot stress my excitement to take a bath with my knees and shoulders being warm at the same time! David and I went down to the Hotel Bar to meet Gramps and Kathy. After realizing that they wanted to meet in my Gramps room, we paid our bill and made our way upstairs. When we were paying the bill, the bartender asked me if I was from England and that I looked like Harry Potter (ha ha) It's around 8:00pm on Saturday November 3, 2007 and I'm off to bed - long day of traveling and changing times for this one. I look forward to tomorrow's adventure. First Impression? The Air Smells like Gasoline and the people are extremely hospitable.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Living RoomLiving Room
Living Room

David doing "research" :)


3rd November 2007

YAY!!
so glad you guys all made it safely. miss you already.:) can't wait to hear the updated adventures. the pictures of the hotel look amazing! so jealous. xoxoxoxoxo
4th November 2007

Preeettttyyy!!!!!
Yay!!!! You made it safe and sound, so did you take advantage of the international flight perks? Curious if your airplane bed was all it was cracked up to be. Dacia and I had a great time at Tost and a really great time seeing you off. Love you lots!!!! M.
4th November 2007

so zoo right now
i hope that you have every intention of going to the beijing zoo. do you think the animals whinney in chinese? oh, i hope so. so, zoo?! total!
5th November 2007

Ha Ha Harry Potter
First of all, you fit in that bath tub? It looks small in the pic, but exciting nonetheless. I love that the Chinese people think you look like Harry Potter! BULLY! Glad you made it safe, you're room looks amazing! Don't forget the good eats. PS- I met Chazz Palimenteri in NY after watching A Bronx Tale on Broadway! ;o) (chinese smile)

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb