Nights out with the Koreans


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
December 29th 2006
Published: December 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post


As our class is made up of a load of different nationalities, and our 'class monitor' is Korean, our class nights out are usually to a Korean restaurant and then to Kareoke! The place we went to the other day we all sat down on the floor for the meal (tables were very low) and apart from eating korean food (which to be honest i'm not a huge fan of) we were all drinking this absolutly terrible drink, The Korean version of Bai Jiu, i cant remember what its callled but its about 80% pure alcohol so you can imagine the chaos, especially as the Asians aren't best known for being able to take their drink. They were bright red. It was rather amusing, then we gave them english names, including Josh, Tim and Keith (who was only allowed to say it if he called himself Keif-football hooligan like) Those 3 kept trying to force me to drink it, as i kept forgetting their chinese names...Then we all went out to Kareoke. The Kareoke bars in China all have private rooms, and you hire your own room, its a bit bizarre.
i love not being drunk when we do this so i can pick all the songs) Scarlett and I did do a rather promising rendition of 'Carma Carma Carma Chameleon' and the Korans were getting very into their Korean pop classics as well as R.Kelly's 'I believe I can fly'
The other time I did this was for my old roommates (Angie) last night in Beijing, and I went out with her and her class (different Koreans, same style singing) this Kareoke place was underground, and they'd made the wallls all look cave-like, a little bit like the Aztec bit of the crystal maze! such a fun night though, this time the classic of the night was Britney's 'Hit me baby one more time'
Its terrible. but brilliant. One of China's absolute Musts!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb