Temple of heaven and Beijing zoo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Temple of Heaven
March 19th 2012
Published: March 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi all...

Out and about in Beijing. Visited the Temple of Heaven, and had our first real run in with the hawkers of junky trinkets, rickshaws and over priced taxis. Inside the temple grounds was very pretty, and the parks was full of locals doing what they seem to enjoy in parks here... playing board games, playing musical instruments, dancing, singing, playing this odd little game where you kick this shuttle cock shaped thing back around a circle... So, in other words... you name it, they seem to do it in the Gardens and parks here. The temple was our first real look at one of these garden and building.. and showed us how good these guys were at building along compass lines. Lachlan has started to get the idea of wearing a hoodie... to try to hide from people who want to take his photo.



Annie and the boys went for a visit to the Beijing Zoo... and got to check out the Panda's and Siberian tiger and a few dozen animals, and had their first trip on the Beijing underground train. Attached are a few of the snaps from both adventures. More to come real soon.

Till then.. C ya :o)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb